The locksmith eyed this birdfeeder and mentioned it might attract more bears than birds...oops.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Eyes Straight Ahead..

Jan. 2, 2008


So I was driving down the highway in the truck.  The far right lane I was in, was narrower than normal because of a wall of cement barriers on the right side.  I found myself getting a little antsy and gripping the wheel tighter, all the while hoping I didn't scrape the wall with the truck.
Suddenly, the Lord opened my eyes to see a spiritual lesson here.  He reminded me of an article I read about road side breakdowns and how folks driving by are actually 'drawn' to hitting the broken down car by their hands following the direction of their eyes.

In other words....where we fix our gaze and focus is where we find ourselves heading to.  God told me to fix my sights on where I WANTED to go, not where I wanted to AVOID. 

He gave me a revelation of how He calls us to draw near to His presence.  Not to camp outside the gates of the enemy hoping we don't fall through the door. 
He wants us thinking of Him, singing to Him, and representing Him in all His beauty and glory.  Jude 1:24 says "To him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy..." 
If I invest myself in Him and keep my eyes straight ahead in the direction I want to go, then I won't trip over some wall placed to my side. 
So I took my eyes off the cement wall and instead, focused on the painted line to the left.  My angst settled, I felt safe and God gets the glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment